This simple surgery can provide spectacular results Whether it is for practical or aesthetic reasons, more and more women turn to nymphoplasty in order to reduce the size of their labia minora. This simple surgery can provide spectacular results.
Getting ready for nymphoplasty
I will examine you and give you my opinion on the type of surgery that best suits your anatomy. We will discuss your expectations in order to determine the extent of the reduction.
Nymphoplasty – surgery
This day surgery lasts from 30 minutes to 1 hour. It is normally performed under local anesthetic without sedation.
Recovery after nymphoplasty
Nymphoplasty causes very slight pain that is easily treated with prescribed medication. You will feel minor pain and swelling during the first weeks. You will have to apply an antibiotic ointment to the incisions during the first week. You may take a shower the day after the surgery. We will set up a follow up appointment for two weeks after the surgery. The scar usually disappears after a few weeks and the results are highly satisfactory.
- Asymmetry: A slight asymmetry of the labias may be present before and after surgery.
- Bleeding: Very rare. If bleeding appears it is important to contact me.
- Infection: Rare and usually controlled with antibiotics
- Sensitivity: Decreased sensitivity around scars is expected. The sensitivity in the erogenous zones is not usually affected.
- How much does it cost to get a nymphoplasty in Montreal?
Between $2,000 and $2,500.
- What is the fee for a nymphoplasty consultation in Montreal?
$100 for a 45 minute consultation.
- Are there any financing plans available for nymphoplasty in Montreal?
Yes. We can refer you to some financial institutions offering interest rates from 9,95% to 25.66% according to your credit rating, including the possibility to break down payments over a period of 6 months to 5 years. Loans are open and payable at any time. Although we do not encourage debt, we recommend this solution instead of the use of credit cards, which generally have higher interest rates.
- When will I be able to have sexual intercourse again?
You can restart sexual activity approximately 3 weeks after the surgery. This period is necessary to allow for the healing of the incisions and to avoid the risk of opening the wounds.
- When will I be able to take a shower?
Unless otherwise indicated, you will be able to take a shower the day after the surgery.
- Can a surgery like this reduce sensation in the clitoris?
Generally, this surgery does not reduce sensibility in the erogenous zones.
- When will I be able to take a bath, go to a spa or swim?
With the physician’s authorization, immersion in water is possible three weeks after the surgery.
- What is the recovery time after nymphoplasty?
The bruises usually disappear in a week or two. The swelling could take up to one month to disappear. You will notice a major improvement by the time of your first post operatory consultation.
- What happens if I have an emergency outside office hours?
After the surgery we will provide you with emergency numbers.
- When will the stitches be removed?
The sutures are melting stitches, so there is no need to have them removed. The small knots on the sides of the scars may take longer to fall. If that is the case, they will be removed in the post operatory consultation one week after the surgery.