Juvederm is a dermal filler used to reduce facial wrinkles, replace lost volume and improve facial contours. Whether you want to highlight certain features of your face or refresh your appearance, Juvederm can be used to reduce smile lines, replace lost cheeks volume, increase lip volume or set the angle of the jaw. Juvederm is a comfortable and non-surgical fast, simple alternative for a natural look, balanced and refreshed. Everyone will notice but no one will know! This product is based on non-animal hyaluronic acid synthesized in the laboratory. Hyaluronic acid is a collagen naturally found in human skin so there is little risk of allergy
Aspirin, anti-inflammatory and natural product that thins the blood should be discontinued 10 days before the visit. After having ensured that you do not have contraindication to the use of Juvederm we wil look at all the areas you wish to treat. Juvederm is mainly used to treat nasolabial folds, marionette lines and thin vertical lip lines. It can also be used to add volume to various parts of the face. I can also advise you to associate Botox with Juvederm (Softlift) for to maximize the results.
If desired, the injection can be made during the consultation. Juvederm contains an anesthetic (xylocaine), which reduces pain at the injection site. If necessary, I can also add local anesthesia.
You will have small red marks at injection sites for 30 minutes to 1 hour after injection. It is advised to apply cold compresses to the injection site for a few hours. Local reactions at the injection sites are different from one person to another. It is normal to have small bruises and swelling at the injection site for a few days. You can apply make up to hide the discoloration.
It is advisable not to do intense physical sport and not to drink alcohol for 24 hours. The effects are immediately visible and continue to improve for the next two weeks. The effect of Juvederm lasts from 6 months to 2 year depending on the treated area and the choice of product.
- Bruising and pain: Can sometimes be observed at the injection site, usually disappear after a few days.
- Asymmetries: Rare. If present these can be corrected by an additional injection.
- Nodule: The product may be palpable and sometimes visible. These irregularities can be reduced by massage.
- Abscess, granuloma or hypersensitivity manifested at the injection site: Extremely rare
- Skin necrosis if intravascular injection: extremely rare. It is very important to inform the doctor about any increase in pain or discoloration of the skin near the area injected. If treated in time this situation can be reversed.
- What are the contraindications to the use of Juvederm?
Known hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid, infection at the injection site, pregnant or breastfeeding, History of autoimmune disease, immunotherapy, laser treatment, dermabrasion or chemical peels provided in the following weeks, Tendency to hypertrophic scars or keloids.
- How soon can we see the effects?
The effects are usually visible immediately after the injection and continue for the following 2 weeks.
- Can I apply make up after the injection?
You can apply make up the day after the injection.
- What is SoftLift?
SoftLift is the combination of Juvederm and Botox. It allows me to improve several signs of aging in a single treatment. This increasingly popular non-surgical alternative to the facelift provides natural results and a refreshed look without surgery.
- How long will the benefits of Juvederm be visible?
The effects last from 6 months to 2 years depending on the treated areas and the type of Juvederm.