This combination of Juvederm and Botox can adress several signs of aging in a single treatment.
Aspirin, anti-inflammatory and natural product that thins the blood should be discontinued 10 days before the visit. After making sure that you do not have contraindication to the use of Botox and Juvederm we look at all the areas you wish to treat. I will establish a treatment plan taking into account your needs and your budget.
If desired, the injection can be made during the consultation. Juvederm contains an anesthetic (xylocaine), which reduces pain at the injection site. If necessary, I can add local anesthesia. Botox injections causes very minimal discomfort
Redness at injection sites can stay for 30 minutes to 1 hour after injection. It is advised to apply cold compresses to Juvederm injection sites for a few hours. Local reactions after the injection are different from one person to another. It is normal to have small bruises and swelling at the Juvederm injection sites for a few days. You can apply make up to hide the discoloration.
It is advisable not to do intense physical sport and not to drink alcohol for 24 hours. The effects of Juvederm are immediately visible and continue to improve for the next two weeks. The effects of Botox will appear a few days after treatment.
Possible complications: Juvederm
- Bruising and pain: Can sometimes be observed at the injection site, usually disappear after a few days.
- Asymmetries: Rare. If present these can be corrected by an additional injection.
- Nodule: The product may be palpable and sometimes visible. These irregularities can be reduced by massage.
- Abscess, granuloma or hypersensitivity manifested at the injection site: Extremely rare
- Skin necrosis if intravascular injection: extremely rare. It is very important to inform the doctor about any increase in pain or discoloration of the skin near the area injected. If treated in time this situation can be reversed.
Possible complications: Botox
- Headache: can sometimes be present following the first injection. Temporary, lasting from a few hours to a few days.
- Asymmetries: These are easy to correct by further injection to relax the most active side.
- Asymétries : Parfois présentes, faciles à corriger par une injection complémentaire pour relaxer le côté le plus actif
- Persistence of lines or wrinkles: Some deeper wrinkles may persist despite the relaxation of underlying muscles. Juvederm can be used to address the most stubborn wrinkles.
- Ptosis (falling) of the eyelids: Rare (less than 1%) and always temporary. While waiting for spontaneous resoltution eye drops may be prescribed to decrease the severity.
- Ptosis (falling) eyebrows: A slight drooping of the eyebrows can be noted for 2 to 3 weeks after treatment of the forehead. This is especially noted in patients who compensate a low brow position by raising their forehead. If this is the case I will inform you about this possibility at the first consultation.
- Fatigue and flu-like syndrome
- Allergic reaction
- Problems swallowing, speaking or breathing
- Peut-on se maquiller après l’injection?
Vous pouvez vous maquiller après l’injection.
- Pendant combien de temps les bénéfices du Softlift sont-ils visibles?
Les effets durent de 6 mois à 1 an selon les régions traitées.
- Est ce que les injections sont douloureuses?
Les injections sont faites avec de très petites aiguilles et sont peu douloureuses.